Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Traditions


I took this photo for the Model's Workshop International Holiday Photo Contest.  The United States is such a melting pot of traditions from around the world.  What traditions did I have that were uniquely US?  Most of my traditions are Polish, Russian, German, and Irish.  Living in the southwestern part of the US there is a tradition I celebrate that is unique to this area, luminarias. 

Traditionally, luminarias are made from brown paper bags weighted down with sand and illuminated from within by a lit candle.  The luminarias are set out and lit on Christmas Eve.  The hope among Roman Catholics is that the lights will guide the spirit of the Christ child to one's home.

I have myself playing the flute because the flute is a large part of my life and the holidays.  I perform with various groups in different venues during the holiday season.  I always play for Christmas Eve Mass.

Style Card

Outfit
Sweater - Dressed by Lexi - Falling Cable Knit Sweater
Pants - PurpleMoon - Chica Trousers - Black
Shoes - Enelya's Creations - Nevada - Black
Necklace - Lazuri - Renata Emeralds Necklace 1 Long
Earrings - Lazuri - Renata Emeralds Stud Earrings
Flute - CreaTive DesiGn'S - 0002 - Realistic Flute with Animation

Avatar
Hair - Analog Dog - Trouble Clef - Milk Chocolate
Eyes - IKON - Sunrise - Azure
Eyebrows - [eStyle] - Quartz Eyebrows
Eyelashes - Blacklace Beauty - Lashes 6 & 7
Make-up - Carrie's - Cat Full Make-up - Fields
Hands - Slink - Elegant1
Feet - Slink - High
Shape - [eStyle] - Quartz - Modified
Skin - Akeruka - Blanca - Tan Cleavage Mk1

No comments:

Post a Comment