Thursday, August 24, 2017

Miss COC USA 2017 - India Diety Inspired High Fashion


 


 ****STYLE BRIEFING****         
               
As a young girl in India, you have always been respectful and mindful of how religious your family is, but deep inside,  you have a deep passion for the modern style and fashion world. You have also been in love with the beauty of religious deities of whom your family may worship. This passion can disrupt your family and friends because it would seem to them that modesty and purity is removed, making it forbidden for a woman to show too much sex appeal in public.  If they ever see you styling yourself in secret as your own version of an Indian Deity,  they could very well disown you! One day, your passion for it became so great, you chose to defy that suppression and modesty. You created your very own look, removing all of the religious limitations that had been instilled in you as you grew up. You walk out into the religious public to show your defiance,  causing panic due to the level of beauty that woman is forbidden to display in public.

"CREATE A HIGH FASHION COUTURE LOOK INSPIRED BY AN INDIAN (INDIA) DEITY"

 ****BACKGROUND STORY****
                                        
I kiss my mother goodbye.  She stares with disapproval because of my Western clothing.  She warns me to be extra careful.  I tell her not to worry; heading out to meet my friends.
 
Walking towards the bus stop, elderly ladies are glaring, pointing, and whispering.  As I wait, some young men pass me and make catcalls. 
 
I enter the packed bus.  As it lurches forward, I feel a man leaning on me.  Unexpectedly, the man is groping me.  I quickly move.  When the bus reaches my stop, I dash off.
 
Walking towards the market, two men approach me.  Suddenly, they grab my arms and pull me into an alley.  I swiftly hit one in the face with my purse and stomp my stiletto heal on the other’s foot.  I break free; tearing down the street.  There ahead of me is the temple to the Goddess Durga.  I take refuge behind the doors.  Safe for the moment.
 
My holy Goddess Durga, I bow down before thee.  Thank you for your protection.  Please give me the strength to forge my own path.  I love modern fashion, yet honor my culture.  There must be a way to marry the two.

 
 
STYLING CARD
-------------------
Top - Carrie's - Ashley - Gold
Jacket - Pish Posh Botique - India Open Jacket - Red
Skirt - Melt - Kira Wrap Skirt
Shoes - Hucci - Minerva Sandal
Jewelry - Chop Zuey - Tiger Totem Set - Gold
Purse - D.D.M. Designs - Wild Africa Clutch - Tiger
Nails - La Boheme - Summer Lotus Gold
Hair - Lelutka - Lana - Almost Goth


No comments:

Post a Comment