Monday, July 18, 2016

Elements Casting - Earth



 
 

When I first saw the casting call for the Elements of Fashion Show, I was immediately intrigued.  Using fashion, convey the elements of earth, wind, fire, air, or spirit.  I had done an ice goddess and a phoenix.  I figured earth would not be the element most chosen.  Then I set to thinking, what could I do for earth.  Then it hit me like a rock, a photo I had seen done by Alex Avion titled "Drought". 

In his picture he depicted what the earth looks like under drought conditions.  I loved the way he made his skin look cracked like the dry earth.  My natural skin tone, Akeruka Blanca V1 Tan, is a darker brown like a rich fertile soil.  The only cracked skins and tattoos I could find were done in black.  So, the black with the brown is like rich soil.  Out of all the skins and tattoos, Tattoo Broken by Coca & Wolf - Full Dark, gave the best overall body coverage and irregularity in cracking.  The tattoo, unfortunately, didn't come with appliers so the cracking stopped at my Slink hands and feet.

Alex had bones with his outfit portraying death from lack of water.  I added bones to my costume to portray the Genesis story from the bible and the cycle of life.  God made Adam from the clay of the earth.  He then made woman from the clay of the earth and a rib from Adam. So is the circle of life, from the earth we were formed and upon our death we return to the earth.  The bones I used were:  Death Queen Tiara by Boudoir, Trapped Soul Necklace and Bones Staff by Pucca Firecaster Creations, and Skeleton Hand Cuffs by Miss Canning.  The Skeleton Hand Cuffs were the perfect find.  They make the backs of your hands look like skeleton bones.  The cuffs come in different colors.  I chose black to match the skin cracking tattoo.  These cuffs perfectly hide the fact that the cracking tattoo stopped at my Slink hands.

I then set to work trying to find an outfit that would show off the skin and cracked body tattoo, but had to be in earth tones and made of a light floating material.  !oG! had the perfect outfit called Sigrun.  It is made of light distressed cotton material.  I chose Sigrun in brown because it had the most earth tones.

The shoes I chose were Cher Beaded Sandals in brown by Hilly Haalan.  This pair of flat sandals have a between the big toe straps and a leather band with dangling shells around the ankles.   

I naturally have blue eyes, but my eyes stood out too much.  I replaced my blue eyes with IKON's Sunrise Eyes in Light Incan Gold. 

I went with ARGrace's Haruka hair in black because of its soft floating nature like the skirt and its black color to match the cracked tattoo. 

I then did my make-up in Carrie's Fall Fling Full Make-up in copper. 

The last item was nails.  Do I stay traditional and go with copper to match my lipstick or do something different?  I decided to go with something different.  While digging through my inventory for my brushed metal nails, I ran across a pair of cracked nails.  I decided to go with the cracked nails to give the illusion of the cracking going completely down the arms and legs.

For the actual walk, I added a companion wolf in black by Jian and falling leaves from Frozen's Autumn Leaves poses. (As shown in the third picture.)

Style CardOutfit
Outfit - !oG! - Sigrun - Brown
Tiara - Boudoir - Death Queen Tiara
Necklace - Pucca Firecaster Creations  - Trapped Soul- Female
Staff - Pucca Firecaster Creations - Bones Staff - Rare
Hand Cuffs - Miss Canning - Skeleton Hand Cuffs - Black
Shoes - Hilly Haalan - Cher Beaded Sandals
Wolf - Jian - Companion Wolf - Black
Leaves - Frozen - Autumn Leaves Poses - Leaves 02

Avatar
Hair - ARGrace - Haruka - Black
Eyebrows - eStyle - Quartz
Eyelashes - WoW Skins - Lashes 2
Eyes - IKON - Sunrise -Light Incan Gold
Make-up -  Carrie's - Fall Fling Full Make-up - Copper
Hands - Slink - Elegant1(L), Bag(R)
Feet - Slink - Flat
Full Body Tattoo - Coca & Wolf - Tattoo Broke - Full Dark
Shape - eStyle - Quartz - Modified
Skin - Akeruka -Blanca - Tan Cleavage Mk1

No comments:

Post a Comment